This is from the Vita-Mix recipe book.
2 oranges, peeled and halved
2 tablespoons sugar or other sweetner, to taste
4 cups ice cubes
1. Place all ingredients into the Vita-Mix container in the order listed and secure lid
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High
4. Use tamper to press ingredients into the blades
5. In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form
6. Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
See relevant blog post here.
I am always striving to cook at home more. I desire to eat local to help save our planet but I am not perfect. I'm terrible at cooking meat, because I am a germaphobe for one reason among many.
So here are some of my favorite recipes. You can also find some great non-Austin blogs or resources that I use on this page.
Useful Non-Austin Cooking Sites: