SHEEP! ShEeP! Sheeeep! SHeeP! I love you!
I'm not sure what it says about me but one of my fave, fave, favorite things about New Zealand was the multitudes of seemingly happy sheep grazing in giant fields of green green grass!
My very scientific classifications of sheep (in photo)
These are the classifications of sheep I sadly did not capture in photo:
- Cows-and-sheep-grazing-together-in-a-field Sheep
- Sheep-grazing-in-vineyards-under-grapes Sheep
- Horses-and-sheep-living-in-harmony Sheep
- Walking-in-a-line-on-a-mission Sheep
- Rolling-Hills-in-Hobbiton Sheep
- Sheep-as-far-as-you-can-see Sheep
- Hundrends-of-sheep-seeking-shade-under-trees Sheep
- Feeling-naked-and-freshly-sheered Sheep
- Sheep-and-baby-lambs-Sheep-and-baby-Lambs-Sheep-and-baby-Lambs Sheep
- Rain-falling-muddy-buddy Sheep
- Sheep-under-amazing-skies-and-the-greenest-grass-you've-ever-seen Sheep
Sheep are amazing but we mustn't forget the beauty of the Almighty Alpaca
These four alpacas were fluffy, and puffy, and very hard to walk away from. They were wonderful!
The Fascinating Kiwi!
If you are like me you know nothing about the Kiwi bird. I'm here to tell you it is an amazing and crazy little/big creature. Here's a few quick fascinating facts:
We were fortunate to get a special Kiwi experience and educational opportunity at Rainbow Springs
through our Kiwi Experience bus tour.
Other Cool Critters
Seal Colony Near Kaikoura
This is the only specimen in the world of a giant squid. These were long believed to be a myth like the Loch Ness Monster. We saw this at the Te Papa museum in Wellington (a really cool free museum).