- 1 cup whole, raw almonds, soaked 8-12 hours in filtered water, drained, rinsed (about 1 1/2 cups after soaking)
- 2 1/2 cups filtered water
- 3 pitted dates, optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
Optional additions for flavor variations, added to taste: cinnamon, nutmeg, carob, frozen bananas, cocoa poweder, cocao nibs, thai young coconut, goji berries, etc
Nut and seed milks can be made with any nut or seed using the same process. The only seed that does not need to be soaked or strained is hemp seed.
For a richer almond cream, add only 1/2 cup water at the end, for a total of 2 cups of water.
- can also use a paint strainer bags from home depot
- online you can find unpasteurized almonds or at www.DrRitaMarie.com
- with the almond pulp you can make crackers and bread. freeze it if you need time to figure out how to use it!